Friday, October 23, 2009

Velcro freeze tag

First you need to know that I have to persuade Kap to play Velcro Freeze Tag. He is content to play "ball tag" which is just what it sounds like and a favorite around our house, but I love the velcro vest. About one out of every four times that I suggest the velcro vest and nerf balls Kap will reluctantly concede and we all suite up. Kap is always "it" in this game because the rest of us can't hit the target. He gets a plastic bag from the pantry, a strategy he came up with to carry more balls than he can with his hands, and "it's on!"There is no mercy! This is him aiming at me while I take his picture. I inevitably "block" my target and frustrate Kap, who goes on about how unfair that is and how he's not going to play if we, his family, cover our targets.
I love that he is flexed out here, bag catching air behind him as he chases the 10 yr old. Notice that Camille, who is frozen, thinks it's hysterical.
Camille is frozen and waiting for one of us to remove her ball and unfreeze her. Kap is "guarding" her. This is illegal and I am glad to have this evidence.
Here is the athlete dodging one of our throws.
Old baseball injury be darned!
He's feeling a little cocky at this point. Probably some of us are frozen.
This hardly seems fair...
but that's the way Daddy plays!

3 comments:

  1. Look out! I know how competitive Kap is. Wonder where he gets it??? It's hard to tell who is having the MOST fun! Love you, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy! I just read your post on my blog! Shows you how often I am on there. Will you email me at misti@sabinecreek.com and then we can exchange contact info!
    I am on facebook, so I have all my pictures on there. Are either of you on facebook?
    Your kids are so awesome! I can just tell. Hope to connect with you more, soon!
    Misti Matchett

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's in addition a great publish which i really valued learning. It's not every day that people maintain the opportunity to discover something. website

    ReplyDelete

Followers